Reliability & Maintenance
HCG provides technical reliability and maintenance services to improve performance in the areas of compliance, operations, and engineering to customers in plant processing industries worldwide. Our process guides our clients through three phases designed to maximize total plant reliability:
- Phase 1: Fundamentals/Infrastructure “Blocking and Tackling”
- Phase 2: Maintenance Basics “Discipline and Controls”
- Phase 3: Proactive Reliability “Analyze and Optimize”
HCG’s Reliability and Maintenance expertise helps our clients:
- Streamline operations
- Improve plant efficiency
- Reduce operational costs
- Close operational performance gaps
- Improve performance against industry best practices and benchmarks
- Improve reliability
- Access reliable, actionable performance data
- Facilitate decisions about asset investments
- Increase competitiveness
- Introduce innovations
- Improve profitability
Best Practices Benchmark Review
HCG’s Best Practices Benchmark Review is the culmination of over 40 years of refinement and solutions applications to improve reliability and profitability. The review process is the start of the journey that uses best practices to compare your plant’s performance level with other companies within—and outside of—your industry. Qualitative and quantitative analyses are conducted for both reliability and maintenance practices. The results are a road map to the future. Our Benchmark Reviews include the following steps:
- Identification of performance gaps in nine key areas
- Development of strategic and tactical plans to close the performance gaps
- Creation of a business case documenting the financial impact of addressing areas of opportunity
- Combining the knowledge into a recommended path forward with deliverable elements and timeline specifics.
Work Process Review
With a well-structured process map, HCG helps plants improve productivity with their planners, supervisors, and operations maintenance coordinators. Our work process review offers companies a low-cost, rapid methodology to identify work management issues throughout the entire process (work identification, planning, scheduling, execution, and historical closure). Beginning with interviews and team map building, our experienced consultants will start your plant on the development of an efficient and effective work management process.
Total Plant Reliability
HCG’s own Total Plant Reliability® (TPR) system offers an improvement strategy and implementation methodology for process plants that consistently delivers, you guessed it, Total Plant Reliability. TPR helps corporations increase profits and maximize production of quality products. Through TPR and its World Class Reliability benchmark, our clients typically achieve a return on investment of 3:1.
The starting point of the improvement process—the World Class Reliability (WCR) benchmark—is a product of forty years of development, and ensures that precious time and resources are not wasted in areas that are not beneficial.
TPR fits in with how your business operates in today’s market. It focuses on improvement in the areas that require additional help and highlights areas of excellence. The process delivers financial and other corporate benefits within a single accounting period, often with little or no capital spend.