Program & Project Management
Project and Program Management is a lost art in many companies today. Many of the trained, skilled and seasoned “Baby Boomer” project professionals of days past have left the workplace, and a new younger group of eager professionals have replaced them. Unlike many of their predecessors, these new professional have not had the privilege of the mentoring and coaching of experienced project managers—and that can limit some of the vital skills they need to detect and prevent project control issues.
HCG provides solutions that deliver projects on time, on budget, and with the highest quality of delivery.
HCG’s Project Management Institute (PMI) certified Project Management Professionals (PMPs) help our clients:
- Ensure that new programs and program improvements roll out successfully
- Build performance metrics into all projects and programs
- Coordinate communications across projects and phases, as well as across teams, leadership, and staff
- Leverage proven industry best practices
HCG’s Project Management Methodology
- Our project management methodology is based on principles out of the Project Management Institute’s (PMI’s), A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) Guide. The PMBOK is the most globally recognized standard for the project management profession. Our principles are based on the five (5) Process Groups and ten (10) Knowledge Areas under the PMBOK.
Our project managers and consultants have decades of project management experience on various projects with many successful implementations. They have experience across the chemical, petro-chemical, oil and gas, pharmaceutical, industrial manufacturing, and other plant processing industries. The experience of HCG’s project managers has been on both sides of the table. Using the PMBOK standard, our professionals know that the answers to your tough project questions can best be found in real world situations.
Project Management Office
Whether an organization is small or large, there is often a major disconnect between the corporate strategy and the activities that the staff members are leading. Often times, this issue originates from ineffective communication between senior management and staff throughout the organization. Ironically, the members of the staff are the exact same employees who must implement your corporate strategy. The inability of organizations to effectively and efficiently execute the corporate strategy through project management is a major factor in limiting success. If the planned strategy is not executed properly, your organization’s time and money has been wasted, which is a negative for the company, its stakeholders, and its shareholders.
At HCG, the purpose of our Project Management Office (PMO) service is to standardize your project management policies, processes, procedures, and methodologies to maximize the benefits of consistently and successfully accomplishing your deliverables. Our PMO supports your projects, project managers, and project teams in various ways.
HCG’s PMO expertise helps our clients:
- Develop project policies, processes, procedures, and templates for implementation and management
- Create PM methodology and standards for implementation and management
- Coordinate multiple projects and resources
- Plan projects and programs
- Close projects and programs
- Track projects (performance monitoring)
- Align projects based on your strategic objectives (prioritization)