Gap Assessments & Inspections
GAP assessments and inspections are the keys to getting at the heart of any actively operating environment. HCG helps management identify the areas that need priority focus to ensure process safety in the facility. This helps determine if the attention should be focused on strengthening process safety competency, workforce involvement, or the asset integrity and reliability of the facility. Knowing the true answer leads to a safer, more reliable and profitable operation. When it comes to process safety, a gap analysis is the first step in understanding the level at which a facility exists.
HCG uses an orderly, systematic, and focused approach to carrying out your gap analysis. Our goals are to:
- Benchmark the facility’s process safety standard
- Identify potential areas for improvement
- Identify best the possible course of action for achieving desired safety standards
HCG employs the Risk Based Process Safety (RBPS) guidelines developed by Center for Chemical Process Safety (CCPS) and OSHA PSM guidelines.
The following gaps in the facility are the basis of most assessments:
- Commitment to process safety
- Understanding hazards and risks associated with a process plant
- Managing risks effectively
- Compliant Process Safety Information